Sunday, April 6, 2008

A sad discovery

Well, the past week has been a slow, painful, and very emotional one for me. I have been having severe pains in my stomach for almost two weeks now so I knew it was time to go to the doctor. I had known that I needed to go whenever the pains first started but I put it off because I feared the worst. Now, know that I have always had issues with my ovaries (ovarian cist) and it is a true miracle that I was able to conceive Miss Evie. That is why I have been putting off going to the doctor because I feared that word..hysterectomy. Well, after being x-rayed for this and scanned for that, the decision has been made that I do need to have a complete hysterectomy. This means that I will be having a serious surgery in one week and be out of commission for awhile. I will get my hubby to keep you all posted on how things are going and we will take plenty of pictures of Evie RuRu to show off. I have been a little down about all of this mostly because we were planning to try for another baby next year. Now, we will begin the adoption process the middle of next year. I am so excited that adoption is such an open option for us and I cannot wait to get it on the road. We still have a while but when the time is right, we will begin that journey to bring our little one home. I just wanted to let you all know what was going on. Prayers would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear this. Know that adoption is a beautiful thing. We can't wait to bring our baby girl home! I'll pray for you.

Lexie said...

Hey,
I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine. I will be praying!!!!
I am so happy that y'all are able to see the open door of adoption! How exciting. God makes everything good!

Roy and Lori said...

Evie is so precious! Hope you are
feeling better!

Take care!

Nikki said...

I was thinking about you a lot today - now I know why!
Praying here, sweet girl.
XO

Roy and Lori said...

Just stopped by to
say hi! Take care!